Monday, April 16, 2012

a Varsity Tale

This past weekend we ventured to Auburn and were lucky enough to spend a night with my friend Krisan, her husband Casey, and sweet puppy dogs...Jasper and Maggie.


Maggie (above) is Krisan's new puppy. Owen fell hard for Maggie, but even harder for Krisan. These two made an instant connection and Owen is pretty sure he has made a new best friend.



It was fun to be back in Auburn. It was fun to be there with David and our son. It was also fun to think back and reminisce of when we were there (do we sound old yet?). So let me share a few stories.


Krisan and I were in the same pledge class in ADPi. We both lived in Lupton Hall freshman year in the quad. 


I can remember sitting in the lobby of Lupton stressing out about that upcoming summer. I had decided to stay in Auburn and take classes, but had no clue where I would live, who I could live with, and so on.


Krisan came to my rescue and she happened to be looking for a roommate that summer. God worked it out perfectly.


After living in Berta Dunn (the ADPI dorm) we came back together as roommates my last year in Auburn. 


She was there the night I came home after getting engaged to David, she listened to all my wedding plan hoopla...


She was always a rational, kind voice when I needed it. She taught me more lessons that I am sure she realizes just by being herself.


The year after I left and went to Montevallo, David and Ryan Burton moved in above her. So she didn't get rid of us all too easily. She was a big part of our life at Auburn. David even has quite the special relationship with her dog, Jasper : ) Krisan and her husband, Casey are now both practicing pharmacists. David is about to be a doctor himself. Life sure has changed since our days in Lupton Hall and the Varsity Condos. One thing that stays true...God works things out perfectly and in his timing. 


3 comments:

  1. Sweet memories :) Sometimes it seems like an eternity since we left Auburn, and other times it seems like 12 hours ago. You are so right about God's timing! I have to remind myself on a near daily basis to let God "drive"...I tend to get way off track when I put myself in charge ;)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome back anytime!!! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great friend! Love hearing about ya'lls friendship!!

    ReplyDelete