Thursday, June 23, 2011

10 Months

Wow, ten months sounds so much older than nine months...and so much closer to one year! Owen is changing and learning so much. I did not do a very good job on his nine month update...so I am going to try to be more detailed for 10 months.

(looking out the window standing on the bench his Daddy made)

Owen is predominantly walking. He still makes a few stumbles especially if he gets going faster than he realizes. He waves "hello" and "goodbye". He points and grunts to things that he sees or wants. He says "mama" and "dada". He also jabbers alot of other sounds madada, nana, gah for example.

He points to the pets when you say there name (Cooper and Tucker). You can really notice his receptive language is growing and he knows more of what you are saying. If you ask where is your train, your ball, Sophie the giraffe, cat, fish (David's mounted fish)...he will usually find it.


He pushes cars and trucks around on the ground. He can throw a ball. 

He moves up and down (dances) when he hears music he likes.

Owen loves loves loves to play peek-a-boo. He will play with the shower curtain, door, a shirt, blanket, book...whatever he can find.

He will open books and turn the pages himself. I love to see him do this (like he is reading and looking at the pictures). Really likes his peek-a-boo book.

He is sleeping soooooo much better. Praise God in all seriousness. Owen is taking 2 naps a day usually totalling in 3 hours. He sleeps from about 8:15 til 7:00 sometimes still waking up once in that period of time. We had some trouble getting back to good sleep after traveling but something just clicked or God answered many a prayer : )



Owen is eating better too. The boy likes his pasta... spaghetti and macaroni. He will nibble on other things you  give him, but those are favorites right now. He has discovered it it fun to be fed things with his pretty silver baby fork (must make it taste better). Likes banana pudding, yogurt and icecream. We are still nursing but trying to get him to eat more foods.

Loves to play outside or in water. He and his friend Sam have an upcoming beach trip we are pretty pumped about.


Happy 10 months baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. Owen is growing like a WEED! I can't get over how big he's getting. I'm so glad you're doing these monthly recaps for him (and for you!). I'm glad he's sleeping better these days; I know that makes for a happier little man AND happier parents :) Lovely pictures, as always!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete