My dad was generous enough to let us spend a week with him in Panama City Beach this past week. Grandaddy had one request: take his grandson to Gulf World...and I am so glad we did!
We really did not know what to expect, but we were there when the doors opened at 9:30.
We first went to the turtle and shark feeding.
Owen loved seeing the wild animals he reads about in Panda Bear, Panda bear what do You See?
...I see a green sea turtle looking at me.
Green Sea Turtle, what do you see?
I see a macaroni penguin looking at me. (we'll pretend he was he is a macaroni penguin)
Owen even had the chance to pet a sting ray.
He wasn't to sure about that, so he let Mama do the petting.
We saw lots of birds and parrots.
Flamingos
Went to the sea lion show...
saw alligators
tortoises
but Owen's favorite part of the day had to have been the dolphin show...
such beautiful creatures
We even got the opportunity to meet a dolphin up close and personal, an experience I will not soon forget.
We really had such a fun morning at Gulf World. It was fun for Owen to get to see animals that he has only read and seen pictures of in books. Really, I think Mama and Daddy had just as much fun as he did!
Thanks so much Grandaddy! So glad you came up with the idea to go. Owen sure did have fun...so much fun that he took an awesome nap after his big morning. And when he's 5, Mama is already planning a trip back to swim with those dolphins! Because sometimes life is just more fun when you look at the world through a kiddo's eyes.











I have never ever been to Gulf World, but what fun! I'm so glad your dad put that idea in your head. I bet Owen had the time of his life, and a good long nap is never bad, either :) Love the shots of the dolphins. They are such gorgeous creatures!
ReplyDeleteJulie
I want to go! This looks like sooo much fun! Seriously...how did I miss all these posts!! You are so good at blogging about everything!
ReplyDeleteHello! My name is Jane and I am a producer on a TV show called Sea Rescue! We are looking for a photo to use in our show of the outside of Gulf World and it looks like you have the perfect one! Would you mind giving us permission to use it? Please email me at jane202@gmail.com or call me at 443.939.6001.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! And I am glad you enjoyed your time at Gulf World. They do amazing work for animal rescues :)