Easter Sunday we celebrated our RISEN Savior!
One of my favorite hymns is "Because He Lives."
I can remember singing this ever since I was little girl standing next to my grandparents in church.
God sent His son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal, and forgive.
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
I'll fight life's final war with pain.
And then as death gives way to victory, I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!
I look at this sweet innocent face in these pictures
and I am comforted to know God has a plan for him, just as he does for each of us.
My prayer is that Owen grows to know the Lord more and more every day.
We had fun on Easter, enjoying family and the gorgeous weather.
We even managed to squeeze in an Easter egg hunt.
Gammy has a great yard for just such a thing.
While we waited on the food to warm up, David snagged a few pictures.
this was our best attempt at a family photo:
But I think Uncle John, Caroline and Aunt Annette win the award for best family photo of the day.
Caroline looked beautiful, I think Owen agreed...he thinks she is pretty amazing.
But I think the feeling is mutual.
My two handsome men:
sweet cousin:
We dined on Gammy's porch...where all great meals are served.
And simply soaked up this sweet time together.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
1 Peter 1:3
1 Peter 1:3

















Looks like yall had a glorious day! Owen's Easter outfit is precious and I just LOVE your dress! Gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to spend a few weeks (and Easter) with your family!
ReplyDeleteJulie