Thursday, April 12, 2012

food and family


I feel a little bit like the days are going quickly.


How is it we were just in Greenville, and now we are back home in Huntsville



but our suitcases still have clothes in them.


I feel like the laundry has not stopped, yet there is still more to be done and be folded and put up...my least favorite part.


 I think y'all are going to think we are crazy with everything that we are going to try and squeeze in in the next month and a half.


And don't get me wrong....believe me every moment is not perfect or picturesque. We are human. We have our bad days, headaches, fussy babes, new teeth coming in, bad attitudes, messy kitchens, dirty floors, blurry photos.



But in the midst of it all, there are those moments


that you want to savor.


  So bear with us. Enjoy the pictures that mark memories for us. 



Because there are sweet ones.


Like your uncle coming in from turkey hunting and sitting down to read a childhood favorite with your son.


And getting your husband a half (yes half, because no one else likes coconut) of a cake from Super Foods  in celebration of his birthday.



Yes, food and family. It's kind of a theme around here. And chances are you are going to be seeing more of it in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love, LOVE that last picture of David and Owen blowing out the candles. Owen's gotten to be a pro, hasn't he? :) I know the next handful of weeks will be beyond hectic, but I also know that you're the kind of person who will look for the blessings in every stressful, tedious bit of it. So excited for yall!

    Julie

    PS--If I were there, David would have to fight me for that half a cake. Coconut cake rocks my world!

    ReplyDelete