Monday night started with a welcome to Waco picnic for all the residents, first through third years.
They grilled hamburgers and had a jumpy house and a waterside for the big kids.
David wasn't quite up to going down the water slide with his hurt foot, so Dr. Jackson stepped up to let Owen have his turn down the slide.
Owen is a fan of Henry. It really is such a small world we live in...we both went to college with Henry at Auburn. Who would have guessed we would end up in Waco, Tx for residency together?
It really is nice to have someone who understands where home is and to watch Auburn football with during the fall. Not to mention, Henry and his wife Stephanie live only a couple of streets over from us.
While Daddy was at work, we colored
watched the tractors working near our house
and went to the splash park near our house.
Thursday night, Dr. Hardin invited the new residents to his home for dinner.
Glenna, the coolest residency program coordinator, arrived in style.
It was great to get to sit back and get to know everyone.
And let the little ones run around.
All of the kids in the program are boys...I think these little guys are going to have fun together the next 3 years.
It's funny, because Owen is by far the oldest...and I don't think of Owen being old at anything. These little guys are 12 months and 14 months old.
Owen is having fun making friends. Meet one of his new favorites, Ms. Stephanie (Henry's wife).
She was kind enough to invite Owen and I over for lunch one day this week.
After all that fun, we got home Thursday night to find our neighbor, Paul has made homemade egg rolls for us!
Owen was a HUGE fan of the egg rolls. I think he consumed 3!
And how are they Owen?
"Good". And that is just how are first week was...good.









What a great week! I can't get over how grown Owen looks in these pictures. His smile is absolutely infectious...you can tell that this little man LOVES his life. Great job, Mama and Daddy! :)
ReplyDeleteJulie
I love reading your blog! So exciting to keep up with the Johnson family so far away! We look forward one day to your return!
ReplyDelete