Sunday, June 17, 2012

a day for Daddy

Owen and I woke up early to begin cooking breakfast for a special man this morning. Luckily for me, Owen was sure to wake me up.



We made Daddy a card just for him, full of things that remind us of things daddy likes.



We went to church where Owen proceeded to be an all-star as far as trying out new churches and new nurseries. We heard a great sermon that was a great charge to all dads.

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love."
 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

After a low key afternoon of napping, the plan was to grill out and just enjoy being outside. Well that's when our day got a little less picturesque when this went into David's foot:


It wasn't pretty. I heard screaming from David and crying from Owen with Owen saying "booboo, red"...never good to hear.


It may not look so bad from the picture, but it really hurt. Not sure how orientation is going to go considering he can barely walk on his foot.

He wasn't willing to relinquish control of his grill,


 so he supervised while I attempted to get dinner on the table.


Not exactly how we pictured are day going, but this little guy reminds us what the day is all about
note: these were taken BEFORE the foot incident : )

David, I am thankful for the love that you show your son, 
the love that you show me,





your initiative to take care of things, 
that you are forgiving,
the way you make others laugh and the way you make Owen laugh, 



that you are tech savvy,
 that you use tools and can fix things and build things, 
that you gave me the job promotion of staying home with our son,  


that you let us have pets, 
that you like to vacuum, 
that you appreciate the outdoors,
that you hunt and fish, 


that you like to iron,
how you research everything,
your ability to capture beautiful images of our child, 

that you go to church with me and love the Lord,
that you stand for what scripture says despite what the world thinks,

that you sing in the shower,




that you were that football player that I fell for in high school and the doctor I am privileged to be married to,
that I have gotten to be with you every step of the way this journey is taking us.

(the gift of a beautiful sunset from our Heavenly Father!)

I know Owen is watching everything you do, luckily he has some pretty incredible things to see. Happy Father's Day...you deserve it...and next year, we will just go out for dinner : )

3 comments:

  1. Yummy breakfast, glad ya'll are trying out great churches, Sooo sorry DAVID about your foot :( that did not look fun, cute pics of the boys together, and sweet words of a wife that adores her hubby!!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your last 4 blog posts all in one sitting. Dangerous, I know. Who knows what my house looks like now! Miss you guys. Poor David- that stinks! I am so glad you guys look like you are settling in nicely. Owen is looking like such a big boy! He needs a sibling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless his heart...and his foot :( That had to have hurt so bad! I hope David is on the mend now. Your list of things you love about David brought tears to my eyes. Such a lovely tribute to a pretty wonderful fella! And I love the pictures of Owen and David...you can tell Owen thinks his daddy hung the moon!

    Julie

    PS--GORGEOUS sunset! God was trying to cheer David up after his injury ;)

    ReplyDelete