Owen has really started to put more words together just in the past few weeks. I was anxious for him to begin putting together more 2 word phrases and he has even come out with a few 3 word phrases lately. Some phrases we hear throughout the day, "I try, I try", "Cool Dada", "I see Mama", "I try water" (wanting to try and water the plants himself), "I cook".
He knows his colors really well, and can easily identify and name red, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black and white. Orange is still a little tricky to say.
Owen has quite the obsession with tractors right now. Lucky for him they are doing some work near our house and each time we leave, we drive by and see the tractors. He is quick to remind us to be on the lookout for "trackers" and can spot them a mile away.
He also likes lawnmowers and likes to check those out at the hardware stores or notices people cutting their yards.
He likes to play with his "choo-choos".
He has also really started to pretend play with food and cooking.
When we moved, I found some pretend food and pots and pans from my speech therapy days. I saved those for the playroom and Owen will spend a good amount of time "cookcook" for us.
That is one of his favorite things to do right now.
and of course when you cook, you must share with your friends...
Continues to LOVE water.
Likes to water the flowers, play with the water hose, play in his pool and slide into it.
"watch dada" is a common phrase to hear as he climbs the ladder.
He has really become a Daddy's boy the past few weeks while David has gotten to be home with us so much. He likes to help his dad do whatever he is doing especially if he is doing something with tools, Owen helps "fix it." He wants Daddy when he goes to bed at night.
His bedtime buddies are Puppy and Elmo. Owen is quick to grab them up at bedtime and takes good care of them while they sleep with him.
Speaking of bedtime, Owen would like you to read every book in his room before bedtime. He makes special requests for his favorites, "CouCou" (Corduroy), "MooMoo" (Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?), "Belu" (Baby Beluga), "oh my disaur" (Oh My, Oh My Dinosaurs) and "Mama" (Mommy's Best Kisses).
He is very independent and wants to do things himself, very happy and very kind natured. He likes things in their place (gets that from his Daddy)...like putting the broom back up or his toothbrush in its proper spot, he functions well on routine. Still can be a super cuddler especially with Mama.
When we took him to church this past Sunday, they raved about how great he was with the other kids...which Mama and Daddy love to hear. We were so proud that he went easily to the workers and did not get upset being in a new place.
He has met a lot of new people and kiddos lately. He is a trooper and warms up to people fairly quickly and he seems to like his new friends. This is great to see and makes us feel good about this being our new home for him.









Little man is growing up! I love all the pictures, but the ones on the slide and the very last one are especially sweet. Owen will grow up knowing that he is loved, loved, LOVED!
ReplyDeleteJulie