My sweet mama came up this weekend to help pack and spend Mother's Day with us. We got a lot accomplished. She is really good when it comes to packing, I know I could not do it by myself and it is always for to have a friend to talk to while you do something as much fun as packing.
We worked hard, but we played hard too. Saturday morning I woke up to David already up waiting to give me an early Mother's Day gift. He surprised me with a Keurig coffee maker. I don't know if anyone has ever cried over a coffee maker, but I must confess there was a tear or too. I was really not expecting anything, we don't typically do big gifts. I really was shocked, but David was so thoughtful. He wanted me to know how much I am appreciated and loved and have something I could enjoy! And then we proceeded to drink lots of coffee!
We grilled out Saturday night, and feasted like kings and queens.
We spent our last Sunday as Willowbrook, and Pastor Mark preached a great sermon for Mother's Day.
It was a great Mother's Day. There is nothing I love more than being a mom. It is such a privilege. Thanks Meme for spending your Mother's Day with us packing! We promise if you come to Texas next year, we won't put you to work! Happy Mother's Day!

Beautiful women on Mother's Day! I could eat that steak right off the computer!! YUM! Glad you had some company to help you pack!
ReplyDeleteWhat yummy looking food! You are very blessed to have your mama be able to come up you pack up and spend some time with you. Actually, your family is blessed to have BOTH of you :) Glad you had a great Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteJulie