Friday, May 25, 2012

Introducing Dr. Johnson

 This past Sunday marked a big day in our life. After many years of hard work, test taking, classes, notes, lectures, more tests, clinical rotations



David made it to this milestone.


I feel like I have had the privilege of having a front row seat to this journey.


I was there in Ms. Davis's anatomy class when David got back his cat test with a perfect score and a note saying, "How does Dr. Johnson sound?" It was at that moment, David began considering medicine as his career.


I watched him study hard at Auburn taking all the classes that would prepare him for medical school and the infamous MCAT. 


I watched him begin medical school at UAB taking classes like Fundamentals 1...which was not fun at all. I sat in bed next to him when Satan made him doubt whether he was really cut out to be a doctor.



I sat beside him in the Dominican Republic where we learned how useful the tool of medicine could be used to reach not only the physical needs but most importantly the spiritual needs of souls.


So it was an honor to watch him become David Andrew Johnson, M.D.


We were blessed to have so many family members attend the graduation ceremony.




I know everyone is very proud of him.


And each person there has played an intricate role into making him into the person he is today.




But as proud as they all are, I think these two people had to have been the most proud.



And rightfully so.


What a journey it has been to get here


and I know it just the beginning.


and without further adieu


meet Dr. Johnson


We are all so proud of you, and it's been an honor to be by your side every step of the way. Looking forward to what God has in store next!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right! We are the proudest parents on the planet! Thank you for being there on this journey with him......I know for a fact he couldn't have done it without you! It is surreal that my son is really a doctor!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind and missed some of these wonderful posts!! Great blog post for Dr. Johnson!! What a wonderful day! Love all the happiness and smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very happy for the whole Johnson clan! David has worked so hard for this and I'm proud of him for graduating. These pictures are so good and really capture the happiness of the day. God's got all sorts of good things planned for yall from here on out...I can feel it!

    Julie

    PS---That last shot of David and Owen? Precious. That would be such a cute picture to put up at Owen's graduation party someday...

    ReplyDelete