Thursday, March 8, 2012

music together

Last year Owen and I started Music Together at the suggestion of Erin Cobb. When she came to do Owen's sixth month portraits, she asked if we did any play groups. I had not even thought about doing something like that, but Owen seemed to like music and I thought we would try the class out.


After the first class, I was hooked. It was such a wonderful outlet for a new mom with a little baby. Owen loved the music, crawled around and was very outgoing.  It was something we looked forward to every week. Even the youngest children can benefit so much from music.


 I was eager to get back into class this semester with Owen. He has changed so much in one year. 


He can actually play the sticks, shake maracas, beat the drums, dance and participate so much more. It is so much fun to see him get excited about music.


The great thing about Ms. Amie's class is the children can just be their self. They can run around, just sit, take in the music however it is best for them. All children learn differently and she encourages the parents to embrace this!



Ms. Amie has taught Owen and I so much through her class. Music is a part of our everyday routine. We play with musical instruments, we sing songs and dance, we settle down at nap time and bedtime with music. We listen to our cd in the car, and it is a go-to on those rides when Owen has had enough riding in the car. She has given us a special bond through her class. She has so much energy and enthusiasm for music and the little ones she shares her gifts with. 

Today was our last class for this semester. It was difficult not knowing if this would be our last class with Ms. Amie or if we will be returning next year. Regardless, she has given us such a gift... a love of music that we can share together.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! What a great creative outlet for Owen...and you! I'm excited for Match Day coming up, and I'm praying for yall every day. I know you'll be placed EXACTLY where God needs you to be. Happy weekend to you and yours, friend!

    XO, JJ

    ReplyDelete