Wednesday, March 21, 2012

bugs

 After Match Day, Meme came to spend the weekend with us.


It was much appreciated. In fact after the ceremony, she brought Little Bit back to Huntsville so David and I could simply spend a little time together Friday night, celebrating moving to Texas and just letting it all sink in. We caught our breath, answered test messages, phone calls and then went to Mark's Outdoors to play with turkey calls...I wanted this day to be all about David. I had made dinner reservations a few weeks in advance at The Highlands. I wanted to celebrate David and all of his hard work and dedication through medical school. The Highlands was the perfect place to do that...in Birmingham where this whole med school journey began. It was fun to think back 4 years ago and think how far we have come and how life has changed...for the better for sure!

The rest of the weekend...


Meme and Owen spent hours outside 


specifically looking for bugs.


and enjoying the springlike weather.


Look closely out this bird's nest


see anything interesting?


The yarn Owen gave me his first Christmas was used by a bird to build her nest!


I think that is pretty neat. 


Almost as neat as looking for bugs.


We even snuck in a little St. Patrick's Day celebration.


Thanks Meme, for everything.


You are one of a kind and we love you for being you!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely (and gorgeously GREEN) pictures! I'm glad you and David were able to enjoy some time by yourselves, and I'm glad Owen and Meme were able to visit. They look like they have lots of fun together!

    Julie

    PS--My mom does the same thing with yarn and fabric scraps. Her very favorite nest was one made with orange and blue pieces from a leftover Auburn shaker. That bird was definitely an Auburn fan :)

    ReplyDelete