Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Good Day

Today was a really good day. I know that sounds simple, but it truly was a happy one. Owen and I started going to a music class this morning called Music Together. It was so much fun....I know what you are thinking (I don't recall Elizabeth being a very "musical" person). Well that is kinda true. I have always enjoyed dancing or listening to music, but never have been to confident when it comes to singing. But you know what...Owen likes singing, he even likes mine : )  Makes me think about what the Bible says about singing "make a joyful noise unto the Lord."

So Owen has shown me how much fun it is to sing and the happiness that it brings. He doesn't care how I sound, it just makes him happy to be around music. I met some other great moms and kiddos at the class and am looking forward to the fun Owen and I are going to share through this class.


After a nap and lunch we headed to Big Spring Park with Brittany and Sam. 




Owen decided it would be best to dump the entire bag of snacks for the ducks in his lap.


The fish and the geese were big fans of the food.


Then we needed a break from all of that hard work:



Did I mention how grown this boy is getting?


...so it was a hard concept for our little guys to grasp "feed the ducks and fish the bread". Why do that when you can eat it yourself?


(Don't even think about taking our snack)


We are loving this glorious weather...it just makes you feel good to get outside!

....what a GOOD day.

3 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS pics of the boys!!! Soo stinkin cute!!! Glad ya'll are enjoying this beautiful weather and you are loving singing to Owen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! It was such a fun and happy afternoon! Amazing to watch our boys grow up together and see the world with fresh eyes! Can't wait for even more playdates at the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, as always! That one of the boys with their snacks is HILARIOUS. The expressions on their faces are priceless! And I'm sure that in Owen's mind, his mama is the best singer in the whole universe :)

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete