Daddy created and presented a poster of one of his cases in the hospital. Owen and I tagged along, after all it was a trip to the Grand Hotel!
I had never been to Point Clear or the Grand Hotel for that matter, but was fascinated by the history of this lovely place.
My favorite part was the grandeur of these beautiful oak trees.
...stunning.
So of course we had to climb on up.
Glad I had my little climbing buddy with me.
Checking out a branch for himself.
The grounds were beautiful. As you walk around the property, you can just imagine the ladies and gentleman that once stayed at the Grand in its early years. In their big hats feeling the breeze off the Mobile Bay in the summer months.
The cannon is shot every day at 3:30 in honor of our military.
The pools there are great. There is a shallow area for little ones and deeper areas with waterfalls and big slide for big kids or those young at heart : )
On our way home we grabbed lunch at Fly Creek Cafe in Fairhope. One of our great friends, Brian Hixon (classmate of David's) is a native of Fairhope and made this great recommendation.
Owen was a fan of the fried green beans
(yes, fried green beans...who knew?)
and Daddy a fan of fish tacos.
Point Clear and Fairhope we enjoyed our time with you! Looking forward to a return trip one day.




I absolutely love, love, LOVE those trees and I just adore your new header! So precious. I've never stayed at The Grand either, but this made me want to visit. Glad yall had a fun trip!
ReplyDelete*Julie
PS--The picture of David and Little Man in front of the nasty herpes pictures made me giggle :)
Okay....just for reference...Herpes Zoster = Shingles....not the other notorious form of the disease....ha ha...if it makes you feel better.
ReplyDeletelove the pics as usual!! LOVED even more our visit with ya'll on your way back!! Great seeing you!! Hope little man is feeling better now :)
ReplyDelete