Saturday, June 11, 2011

A real week

This week, I have no beautiful pictures to show you. We are not traveling...which is good. It has just been a real week. Owen got over one little bug and now has a cold. I really don't know why he keeps picking these things up. We came back last weekend from Point Clear and stopped at the Bobo's where Owen christened their new home by throwing up there...perfect. Then he seemed to feel better.

So we tried to work on sleeping in his crib again, now that we were home...And what does he do? The little stinker crawled out and hit the floor! Scary, right? Don't worry he is perfectly fine, not a bump or bruise on him. I am convinced, God had his angels watching over him that night and they placed him gracefully on the floor.

Owen is having a hard time getting back on track with his sleep, but we are working on it. In the meantime he has decided he does not like to eat food. Don't know why? Maybe combination of everything. He ate spaghetti on Wednesday and seemed to like it:



We had his 9 month visit this week. Owen is great, tall for his age. The pediatrician said it wouldn't hurt to up his calories. So we are to put olive oil, butter and peanut butter on what he eats. Now if we can just get him to put this food in his mouth.

I have had a few discouraging moments this week. I know nothing is really that big of a deal. You just want to see your baby sleeping and eating well. My sweet Mama knows just how I think and the words of affirmation I need before that devil can get in my mind and question my mama skills.

Today she sent me an email with this when I told her I am afraid I have messed him up:

You haven't messed him up...

He is Owen....the one and only.
God sent him too us before we knew he was coming
He took his time coming into this world...with a little help he finally got here.
He took his time learning to nurse....but you hung in there, got good help and he finally got it.
He took off growing tall but lean.
He notices everything....he is strong and fearless.
He is really pretty healthy...the breast feeding has helped.
He just likes his Mama, but will learn at some point to sleep by himself.
He takes off...when he decides to....
So he will continue on...figuring it all out with your help
He's got a lot going on right now...
about to walk...and get more teeth...eating new foods...drinking new stuff...saying more sounds...climbing
He's into everything!
God made him Owen and he is wonderfully made.

I'm thankful he has such a great Mama to lead him along his way!

I am thankful to have an encouraging mama, who knows just what I need to hear. Thankful to God for giving me a precious son and the joy and challenge of motherhood and teaching me I can do nothing without Him.

In other news, David built Owen and I a windowseat bench with storage for toys and books. Now we can play trains and cars on top of it and look out and see the birds. Thanks David for all your hard work!

...and that was our week : )

1 comment:

  1. We love Owen!! sorry your week has been hard with him not eating and being sick! I think you are an excellent mother! Never doubt that!! What a sweet email your mom sent to you!!

    ReplyDelete