Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ten on Tuesday

1. Today was one of those days the just got off to a bumpy start. It began when I dropped a carton of eggs breaking all 6 eggs needed to make lemon squares.

2. David has been requesting lemon squares for a couple of weeks so I tried Ina's recipe. It turned out great, David loved them and will make this recipe again.

3. After a trip to the store for more eggs, we opted for a hot dog from Sonic...not the most nutritional lunch but good none the less. (See #7)



4. Upon arrival home I find the egg shells and yolks (see #2) scattered throughout my house. Thanks Coop.

5. I am playing with chalkboard paint this week. If it turns out well, I will show you a picture of the final product.

6. Sometimes I just get a little overwhelmed with how to get everything done in a day: family fed quality food with quality ingredients, entertaining an almost 2 year old with stimulating and fun activities, laundry done, house clean, dog walked, cat fed, reading the stack of books that are only partly read on praying for my husband, shepherding a child's heart, raising a strong willed child, and The Case for Christ...so I would be better equipped to talk to non-believers about Christ. Because on a daily basis a ultimately fail at accomplishing this list. I do my best and trudge on. It's a good thing God is full of grace which leads me to #8.

(homemade binoculars decorated with shapes)

7. I read this post this week and it was good for my soul.

8. Surgery is proving to be a much better rotation than the previous rotation.

9. This amazing cowboy outfit arrived in the mail from Gammy...think we may be a little cowboy for Halloween.



10. And finally the best for last... Meme is coming in 3 days and our little household could not be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment