Monday, August 27, 2012

rainstick

I have fallen behind with my blogging, but I am back. I plan to play catch up now that our little world has gotten back to normal and all of our house guests have returned home. Little Bit is napping so here we go:

While Meme was here, she and Owen decided to make a rainstick one afternoon. 


After Meme got the nail started, Owen could hammer it on in.


Then they poured some dried beans inside and covered the big tube (like you would mail a poster in) with constructions paper.





After a little decorating, more glue


and paint


and crayons...


this was the end result. It makes a wonderful sound when you turn in from one end to the other.


And I must say, I think the rainstick must have worked. We had great weather the entire week. We had more rain and cooler temps than we have had all summer. Thanks for crafting with us Meme!

1 comment:

  1. This was so much fun to make! And it sounds just like the rainsticks I have seen in stores. Owen, you may need to make one for Meme. I love to listen to rain.

    ReplyDelete