1- How excited he gets when his Daddy comes home from work. He watches out the window and as soon as he sees David he lights up and pats the window and laughs and yells Dada! This continues as Daddy walks down the sidewalk and walkway to our house. So excited to see Dada and happy his play buddy is home to rough house with him!
2- When we say our prayers out night, I always ask Owen first who he wants to pray for. I love to hear his sweet answer to this question. He usually has a couple of people as his prayer requests. We then pray for each family member (grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, pets) and close friends. Owen repeats each person as we pray. I love this sweet time.
3-I love how Owen enjoys music. He loves music class, loves to hear music and has got some great dance moves.
4-I love seeing him learn. I love watching life through his eyes. He is so observant and will spy something that you would have passed by or let go unnoticed....whether it be a star, a bird, the moon...Owen will point out these beautiful blessings when I get in the hustle and bustle of life. He has shown me many times lately (like when I dropped a jar of red peppers in the parking lot, or the bottle of vinaigrette) , I need to slow down and take in the little things. We were at Publix (can you tell we go to the grocery store a lot) yesterday getting in the car and he pointed out the one and only star in the sky to the guy helping with our groceries. The guy and I both looked up and said, look at that it is a star.
5-I love how Owen "loves" me. He comes up to me all through the day and draws me close, puts his head on my shoulder and goes "Mm, mm." Love it. He likes to snuggle when he sleeps too. He still gets in our bed at some point many nights. He likes to snuggle close and will grab my arm and wrap it around him tight. He still likes to be held close.
I just want to remember these sweet loving moments. These little blessings are my valentine this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment