Wednesday, February 29, 2012

a day in the life of our 18 Month old

Owen starts his day out (usually in our bed) about 7 in the morning. When he is up, he is up. And he will immediately ask for "juice" meaning milk. Then if I am not moving fast enough he will say "up, up." So Mama gets up.


He usually informs me he is hungry (still signing that one). So we have breakfast and read the Daily Guidepost together and start our day off thanking God for the wonderful day  and with COFFEE! My Papa always gives everyone in our family a Daily Guidepost at Christmas. I like the idea that we are all reading the same verse and entry for the day. Makes me feel connected even if we aren't together.



 We feed Cooper breakfast. Owen likes to help with this one. I let him hold the cup of food and we usually pour it together. (If I don't...this happens and we miss the bowl)...what happens when Mama holds the camera instead of the cup.



 A little playtime at home, then get him dressed.



Most mornings we go visit with our neighbors. Mama and Ms. Brittany gets to solve all the world's problems over coffee while we work on sharing the babies play.

If we have errands to run we then try to squeeze that in before lunchtime otherwise we play outside. Note: I feel like we have personal relationships with the employees at Publix...we see them at least 3 times a week! And that free kids cookie really helps my shopping trip.





Lunch around 12:00.

Naptime around 1:00. We read a couple of books, sing and rock. He falls asleep and sleeps on the couch for about 3 hours.



Wakes up from nap. Have a snack and then play outside!







(we were looking for bugs and poking around with our stick)

Dinner around 6:30.

Bathtime.

Bedtime 8:00 or 8:30. Read, prayers, sing- "This Little Light of Mine", "Jesus Loves Me", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", "How Great is our God", "Open the Eyes of my Heart Lord", "May their always be Sunshine." Tell him how he is a big boy and Mama and Daddy love him so much, so proud of him going to bed by himself in his bed with Brown Bear, Elmo and Puppy. Say "night, night." And Owen replies "Bye."...and goes to sleep!

...note: we have come a long way with bed time : )

He sleeps in his bed, but wakes up in the middle of the night and ends up in our bed...but hey, we will take it!

And that is a day in the life of our 18 month old!

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing how ya'll spend your day together! P.S. have I told you how much I love your song list :) GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a nap after reading about Owen's day :) He seems like such a happy little fella, and I know that you and David have so much to do with that. Yall are doing a great job raising up your little man!

    XO, JJ

    ReplyDelete