Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gammy's 80th Birthday

My sweet Gammy turned 80 on December 18th! She is amazing, I don't think she has aged a day since I was little. I can only hope I can do what she does when I am her age. I really think she can get up from the floor easier than I can. Owen is lucky to have such an incredible great-grandmother! She is one of the most thoughtful, generous, friendly people in the world. We began Gammy's birthday with a visit to her house Saturday morning and then cooked an incredible shrimp dinner the next night. We love to get together and celebrate birthdays. Mama's chocolate pies were a hit (as usual)...now trying to persuade her to make some more for Christmas!

We packaged some gifts to mail Uncle Dock....he isn't going to be able to make it home for Christmas this year. Thought about mailing Uncle Dock this little surprise!

playing the piano at Gammy's

with Meme!

The next night, we all hung out at Gammy's and had an amazing dinner: broiled shrimp, rice pilaf, peas...the Bobo's stuffed mushrooms and stuffed eggs! Yummy!

my mom smocked this adorable little outfit for Mr. Owen


the best birthday chocolate pie ever!


Owen liked the candles

We love you Gammy! So happy we got to celebrate your birthday with you!










3 comments:

  1. Yes, I will make more chocolate pies for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things:
    *That smocked outfit? Precious! Your mama is very talented!
    *The menu? It sounds INCREDIBLE...and I don't even like shrimp!
    *Getting to celebrate your grandmother's 80th birthday? Such a precious memory. I'm glad Owen is getting to know her.

    Merry Christmas to your sweet little family, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 80th birthday!!! She is a beautiful lady! Glad the stuffed mushrooms turned out yummy! Owen in a box would be a fun present to open :)

    ReplyDelete