So this year, we took our own little family and picked out the perfect tree....and no, it is not a huge tree. It is perfect for our space. So much fun to begin sharing family traditions with Owen. Owen has his first ornaments (Noah's Ark and a baby rattle) on the tree this year hanging next to those that bring back special memories to us. Our tree tells our story...our likes, our travels, our past, and now our future. I love Christmas and I love our Christmas tree!
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Christmas Tree Tradition
Last week we went and picked out Owen's first Christmas tree. Picking out the "perfect" Christmas tree has always been a tradition I looked forward to each year while growing up. We would go and look at all the trees, inspect them closely, and usually choose one that was much bigger than the space we had. The bigger the better! We may have had 8 foot ceilings, but by no means did we need a 7-8 ft tree! We would look at the bigger ones and say we could always trim some off : ) We always had a real tree...a Fraser Fir. They are beautiful trees and make your home smell like Christmas! We always have colored lights on the tree. Our trees were not perfect, the ornaments did not match and were not a certain color,but every ornament told a story. I have ornaments from my first Christmas, ballet ornaments from dancing, those that I would pick out when we went to see the Nutcracker Ballet, and other sentimental treasures such as the one my mom smocked when she was pregnant with my brother.
So this year, we took our own little family and picked out the perfect tree....and no, it is not a huge tree. It is perfect for our space. So much fun to begin sharing family traditions with Owen. Owen has his first ornaments (Noah's Ark and a baby rattle) on the tree this year hanging next to those that bring back special memories to us. Our tree tells our story...our likes, our travels, our past, and now our future. I love Christmas and I love our Christmas tree!
So this year, we took our own little family and picked out the perfect tree....and no, it is not a huge tree. It is perfect for our space. So much fun to begin sharing family traditions with Owen. Owen has his first ornaments (Noah's Ark and a baby rattle) on the tree this year hanging next to those that bring back special memories to us. Our tree tells our story...our likes, our travels, our past, and now our future. I love Christmas and I love our Christmas tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is beautiful....I am soo sad we didn't do one this year!! I will have to come by and see ya'lls and enjoy the smell of the tree :)
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Owen "decorating" :) Your tree is BEAUTIFUL and very festive. Enjoy it!
ReplyDelete