Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

This past Monday (January 10th) has to be one of the most fun days we have had in a long time. It all began Sunday night when the snow started falling. Between the anticipation of the snow and Auburn playing in the National Championship, it was very hard to sleep that night. We awoke to a beautiful blanket of snow covering Huntsville. I think it was the most snow I have seen. We got at least 6 and a half inches.
    This is also when it is fun to have friends as your neighbors. Cooper was eager to get out and play in it. So while David and Coop were playing in the snow, I could hear Ty coming over from his backyard to ours. Again, so much fun having Ty, Brittany and Sam live next to us. We had coffee brewing and coffee cake coming out of the oven, so they joined us for breakfast while we watched the snow fall. 












I think David and Ty had the most fun on their snow day. They were like two little kids. They had snowball fights, pulled each other around in a kayak, made snowballs for a snowball war (which they stored in Pampers boxes...they insisted they made good shields), and built the largest snowman I have ever seen. 
David riding in the kayak



Ty, Sam and Brittany









Some of the 3rd year med school students and family residents got together and made this huge snowman in front of the UAB clinic building.










After all the fun in the snow, we headed in to get ready for the big game. War Eagle!!


2 comments:

  1. My word, that snowman is RIDICULOUS!!! I think the only ones I've ever made are with snow scraped off the car :) With all the snow north AL has gotten this year, Owen is going to think this is normal!

    ReplyDelete