Thursday, June 17, 2010

Neighbors


Ty and Brittany are more than just neighbors...they are really dear friends. David met Ty at Auburn. They were both in many of the same classes and went on to medical school together. Brittany is his wife and very good friend of mine. I first met this couple, right after David and I got married. The guys had a chance to go to D.C. for a rural medical trip and the wives got to tag along. David had it all planned. We would ride to the airport together, stay in a room with them, and Brittany and I would fly back early together....(did I mention, I had not met this couple before the trip). David said, "You will really like Brittany, she is real laid back and the kind of girl you would like." We bonded on that trip... walked ALOT, talked alot and had a good bit in common.

(pic from D.C, January 2008)

(David and Ty at Cooper's 1st birthday-yes, we celebrate all important events!)

Little did I know, that we would end up being great friends with this couple, move to Huntsville together, live in houses that back up to each other, and have babies together! God has such an amazing plan...way better than anything we could have planned. Brittany and I got to know each other on that trip and much more in the past 2 years,...she is more of a friend than I could have hoped for.

(In Brittany's baby's nursery-me at 30 wks, Brittany at 38 wks)


All that to say, we are blessed by these 2 amazing people and their friendship. They are expecting there new baby boy really any time now. He and Owen are going to be good friends. And I haven't mentioned George....George is Cooper's best friend! Yes, Cooper has a best friend. They love living next to each other and enjoy playing in our backyards. Wears them out, which is good for us.

George, Ty, Cooper and David at Oak Mtn. State Park


our fences backing up to each other : )


So much fun being neighbors with you guys! I thought the days were gone where you could go over to your neighbor to borrow a cup of sugar! Looking forward to starting this new chapter with you and your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment